Trekking in Roopkund Tour
7 Nights / 8 Days
Destination Covered : Rishikesh
: Chamoli district -Uttarakhand
: 8 Days
: Moderate to Challenging
: Approx): 54 Kms
: 4,784 Meters
: May to Oct
Roopkund trek is a thrilling and adventures trekking experience. Roopkund, a mysterious glacier lake is perched in the laps of the snow-clad Mt Trishul. This Lake is famous for human skeletons, which are more than 1200 years old and there are so many folklore about them. More than 500 human skeletons are found on the shore and bottom of the lake and in the month of April when the snow melts around the lake, they can be clearly seen in lake water. They were first discovered by H K Madhwal in 1942, a game reserve ranger in Nanda Devi.
According to local folklore, King Jasadhwa- King of Kanoj, came to the pilgrimage of Nanda Devi along with his wife Rani Balampa, slaves and a dance group. Those people near Roopkund had to face the snow storm and consequently, all the people died.
This trek is considered as one of the must-do treks as thousands of pilgrims arrive at Roopkund every year from the country and abroad with the curiosity to see human skeletons.
The journey of Roopkund passes through mountain, villages, ancient temples, some best meadows in Uttarakhand and evergreen lakes. Beautiful mountains and water springs from them make this journey even more adorable.
In morning depart from Rishikesh/Kathgodam to Lohajung (7700 ft), breakfast & lunch on the way. This day you will see glimpse of Uttarakhand, passes through many hill stations, villages, rivers and forest. Night stay in guest house in Lohajung.
Good Morning in lap of Himalayas amazing view of Pinder valley, view of Himalayan range peak Nanda Ghunti & villages as Mundoli, Bank, Harani, Didina and Wan. Depart to Didina village via road. Trek starts from Kuling village, a small cultural village with scenic beauty. First 2.5 km descend up to Neel Ganga, after crossing Neel Ganga 3 km ascend Kuling village. Villager lives here seasonally .Overnight stay in home or Camp.
Morning breakfast in Didina village, start trek to Bedeni bugyal via Ali Bugyal passes through thick forest, hear twittering sound of birds, many kind of high altitude Flora & Fauna. Lunch in Ali Bugyal- a vast meadow incredible view of Valley. Click memories on your cameras and reach Bedani Bugyal after 2 hrs. Overnight stay in tents.
Explore morning view of Bedani Bugyal- Bedeni kund, View of Patti ka danda. According myth Lord Brahma created here Vedas.After breakfast depart to Patternachaniya, Today all around view is full of charm, Mountain (Nanda Ghunti , Trishuli), Waterfalls, small water lakes between meadows. Overnight stay in camp.
Patter means Stone & Nauchniya (dancer) believed that dancers converted into stone because of curse of Goddess Nanda. After breakfasts we climb to Kailawa Vinayak top, tough ascend.
from Kalwa Vinayak view is unique Himalayan rage peaks, rivers, waterfalls. After having lunch trek will start to Patternachaniya.
Early morning hot tea & start trek to Roopkund, Breakfast on the way because early morning view is clear, later clouds cover the mountains. Trek is quiet difficult today 3.5 km ascend upto Roopkund & 400 meter Junargali Dhar(5029 meter). Roopkund is a small lake in glacier, Human skeleton there many years old, some skeleton flesh can be found which lies under snow. From Junargali close view of Trishuli & Nanda Ghuti & Shila Samudra. Junargali is the last point of this trek. Return to Patanachaniya via Bhakuwabasa & Kailwa Vinayak.
Enjoy morning sunrise view and hot Breakfast then start moving towards Lohajung via Bedani Bugyal, Garoli patal & Wan village. Today from Bedani bugyal another route to Lohajung, passes through dense forest, giant trees, flora & fauna, Neel Ganga & a cultural village Wan. There is Latu Devata main Temple, every year villager organizes worship. From Wan to Lohajung motor able (20 km), night stay in Guest house.
Today we depart to Kathgodam/ Rishikesh, breakfast and lunch on the way.
- Trekking, Tour and adventure actives in Himalayan region carry an inherent risk to life and goods. The natural calamities may cause injury and loss of life, which is beyond any control. Himalayas Adventure does its best to minimize all types of risks, discomfort and hazard to the best of their ability, yet there are chances of accidents, mishaps and deficiency in service.
- Any delay from the customer’s side will lead to cancellation of trek/ tour/ adventure activities.
- Trekking maybe cancelled due to some unavoidable circumstances i.e- weather condition, govt. notification, land sliding or any other natural calamity.
- Himalayas Adventure reserves the right to discontinue, modify any trek, tour & adventure activities without assigning any reasons or without any prior intimation whatsoever.
- Anybody found to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs medically or physically unfit (any serious ailment, weak heart conditions, epilepsy, asthma, expecting mothers etc.) unfit for any reasons in the wisdom of the trek leader/guide/instructor will not be allowed for trekking /tour/ adventure activities. Request for a refund or a discount in such situation will not be entertained. Decision of the trek lead/guide/management in this regard would be final.
- Total decided package cost will not be affected if there is any reduction in the number of persons
- Minimum required 50% of amount to get confirmed the trek/tour/adventure activities.
- If cancellations are made 30 days before the start date of the trip, 25% of total tour cost will be charged as cancellation fees.
- If cancellations are made 10-30 days before the start date of the trip, 50% of total tour cost will be charged as cancellation fees.
- If cancellations are made within 0-10 days before the start date of the trip, 75% of total tour cost will be charged as cancellation fees.
- In case of unforeseen weather conditions or government restrictions, certain activities may be cancelled and in such cases, we will try our best to provide an alternate feasible activity. However no refund will be provided for the same.
- The applicable refund amount will be processed within 10 business days or can be adjusted in other trek or adventure activities.