Trekking in Dayara Bugyal Tour
4 Nights / 5 Days
Destination Covered : Rishikesh
: Uttarkashi district - Uttarakhand
: 5 Days
: Easy to Moderate
: 20 Kms
: 3656 Meters
: Round of the Year except monsoon.
Dayara Bugyal is perhaps one of the most beautiful alpine meadow in India. “Bugyal” in the native language stands for a “high altitude meadow”. The meadow stretches out far and wide. The panoramic view of the Himalayas from here is breathtaking. Situated at an elevation of about 3656 M, Dayara Bugyal & Bedni Bugyal are listed among the few largest and well known meadows in the Garhwal Himalayas The trek goes through open stretches and dense forest at different places. In winters the meadows are covered with snow & look extremely beautiful. The panoramic views of the Banderpunch and the Gangotri range seen from this meadow are simply heaven. The meadow also supports a rich floral diversity.
Detailed Tour Itinerary
Today early morning we start our journey for Raithal base. We pass through the towns of Rishikesh, Chamba and Uttarkashi. Raithal is a small village about 39 kms from Uttarkashi and is on the way to Gangothri. Raithal is the base camp for Dayara Bugyal trek and offer mesmerizing Himalayas view of Gangotri range, Overnight stay at Barsu in a guest house
We pass through the beautiful villages, landscape of Rhododendrons, Silver Oaks, Deodar. Gui is a place from where the famed meadow of Dayara starts. The miles of green meadows stretching as far as your eye can see is a beautiful sight. Night stay in camp
The trail to the high alpine meadow Dayara Bugyal, is through the Barnala meadows. The landscape is picturesque and the full of dense forests in Himalayas. As you end ascend at Dayara, the vast meadow unfolds in front of you. The meadow is like a table top as you set foot on the meadow the sight of the mighty Himalayas surrounds you. Srikanth, Rudregaira, Gangotri I, II & III , Jaonli, Draupadi ka Danda I & II, Black peak, Bandarpunch and many other unnamed peaks are visible from Dayara Bugyal meadow. Overnight stay in camps.
Bakaria Top (3657 M is the highest point of Dayara Bugyal, it’s a steep ascent to Bakaria top. Dayara Bugyal is divided into many small bugyals and Bakaria top is one of them. We start trek along the meadows and gain altitude gradually till we reach Bakaria Top. The views from the top take your breath away. Snow capped mountains, valley deep below, towns as far as Uttarkashi can be seen from the top. It offers a 360 degree panoramic view of the entire greater Himalayas. We descend back to Dayara to camp for the night stay.
We descend down to Barsu along a well marked trail through the thick forests. The village of Barsu and the adjoining settlements can be sighted half way down the trail. We reach Barsu by afternoon and head to Rishikesh
Trekking, Tour and adventure actives in Himalayan region carry an inherent risk to life and goods. The natural calamities may cause injury and loss of life, which is beyond any control. Himalayas Adventure does its best to minimize all types of risks, discomfort and hazard to the best of their ability, yet there are chances of accidents, mishaps and deficiency in service.
- Any delay from the customer’s side will lead to cancellation of trek/ tour/ adventure activities.
- Trekking maybe cancelled due to some unavoidable circumstances i.e- weather condition, govt. notification, land sliding or any other natural calamity.
- Himalayas Adventure reserves the right to discontinue, modify any trek, tour & adventure activities without assigning any reasons or without any prior intimation whatsoever.
- Anybody found to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs medically or physically unfit (any serious ailment, weak heart conditions, epilepsy, asthma, expecting mothers etc.) unfit for any reasons in the wisdom of the trek leader/guide/instructor will not be allowed for trekking /tour/ adventure activities. Request for a refund or a discount in such situation will not be entertained. Decision of the trek lead/guide/management in this regard would be final.
- Total decided package cost will not be affected if there is any reduction in the number of persons
- Minimum required 50% of amount to get confirmed the trek/tour/adventure activities.
- If cancellations are made 30 days before the start date of the trip, 25% of total tour cost will be charged as cancellation fees.
- If cancellations are made 10-30 days before the start date of the trip, 50% of total tour cost will be charged as cancellation fees.
- If cancellations are made within 0-10 days before the start date of the trip, 75% of total tour cost will be charged as cancellation fees.
- In case of unforeseen weather conditions or government restrictions, certain activities may be cancelled and in such cases, we will try our best to provide an alternate feasible activity. However no refund will be provided for the same.
The applicable refund amount will be processed within 10 business days or can be adjusted in other trek or adventure activities.